Requirements | Plugin Setup | App Setup | Troubleshooting
- macOS Yosemite (10.10) or newer | Windows 7 or newer
- Android 4.4+ | iOS 9.3+
- Adobe Lightroom 6+ or Classic CC
- Control Room app
- Control Room Lightroom plugin
- The app requires the following ports for communication: 54345, 54346, & 54347
App & Plugin Setup
- Download the Lightroom plugin for your operating system. Visit Downloads & Plugins for the latest plugin download.
- Unzip the downloaded file and place it in your desired directory.
- Open up Lightroom and go to File > Plug-in Manager…
- On the left hand side of the Plug-in Manager is the list of currently installed plugins.
- If you are updating to a new version of the Control Room plugin, select old plugin and click « Remove ».
- Select the « Add » button and navigate to the directory where you placed the downloaded plugin then click « Add plug-in ».
- The plugin should start automatically, if it was successfully started a green light will appear next to the plugin’s name in the Plug-in manager.
- Once the plugin is started, the Control Room Server app is also started.
- On macOS this will appear in the Menu Bar.
- On Windows it will be a running program on your taskbar.
- Ensure that the plugin has been installed and is running.
- Once you have downloaded the iOS or Android version of the app, launch the application.
- A message will appear automatically requesting you to enter the server’s IP address (See step 7 of the plugin setup). Enter the IP address.
- Once the IP address has been saved the connection indicator on the top left corner of the « Development » module will be shown in green.
- Green indicates connected
- Yellow indicates attempting to connect
- Red indicates disconnected
When you are having a problem please check the following:
First - Make sure that the mobile app, server app, and plugin are up to date and that the plugin's version is compatible with the mobile app's version (Version numbers are found within the Settings of the app and the Control Room Server’s main window).
Second - Ensure that you meet the minimum requirements for the application to function properly.
Thrid - Ensure that the plugin and Control Room Server are both running properly and that the mobile device and computer are on the same WiFi network.
- Changes made in the app do not reflect within Lightroom or changes made in Lightroom do not reflect within the app.
- Open the Control Room Server app and ensure that the server is started, Lightroom is on, and that the app is connected. Open the app and see if the connection indicator is green. If not…
- Verify that the computer and device are connected to the same LAN.
- Verify that the 54345, 54346, & 54347 ports can be used.
- Verify that the app has the correct server IP
- Restart Lightroom and the app.
- Lightroom is started but the plugin and or the Control Room Server app is not running.
- If you are using macOS, go to Settings > Security & Privacy > Verify that you allow non-app store apps to be launched.
- Restart Lightroom.
- Verify the server app is correctly installed and matches your operating system. Going to the plugin manager will let you know the plugin’s status.
- The app is started as well as the plugin but, it is not shown to be connected in the server app or the connection indicator is yellow/red.
- If you are using Windows, open the server window and verify that the correct network adapter is being used. Change it, if required.
- Verify that the app has the correct server IP.
- Try restarting the mobile app.
- Try restarting Lightroom, verify the server app is restarted correctly.
- Verify if the app's network functionality is being blocked by firewalls, anti-virus programs, or any other software that may interfere.
Problem not listed?
For all questions, problems, and suggestions do not hesitate to send an email to ControlRoomApps@gmail.com with the following information:
- iOS or Android device type and the OS version
- The computer’s operating system version
- Lightroom’s version
- App/Server/Plugin version
- A description of the problem and any instructions on how to replicate the problem